clock menu more-arrow no yes mobile

Filed under:

Marc Staal Extension; Nash and Rangers Beating Up Metro; Practice Notes; Glass Out

Bantering Points for Monday, January 19, 2015.

Andy Marlin-USA TODAY Sports

The Rangers and Marc Staal finalized a 6 year, $5.7M AAV contract, which includes a 3 year no movement clause and a 3 year modified no trade clause. Many many thoughts on this. Some negative, some positive. I've separated the links a bit for your reading pleasure:

Positive:  [Blueseat Blogs]  [NY Post - Larry Brooks over the top]  [NY Daily News]

Neutral:  [USA Today - leaning negative a bit]  [The Hockey Writers]  [Puck Daddy]  [Newsday]  [The Hockey Writers]

Negative:  [Puck Daddy]  [Rangers Unlimited]

Marc's brothers had a few comments on the deal.  [SNY Rangers Blog]

Rick Nash and the Rangers are going to be a headache for a Metropolitan foe come playoff time. It all depends on who they match up with, but they have a 13-3-1 divisional record right now.  [The Hockey News]

JT Miller returned to the lineup on Sunday. So what does AV really want out of him? I don't really know. Pretty ambiguous stuff but it always appears that AV simply doesn't like dealing with some of the growing pains of a young player, to be honest.  [SNY Rangers Blog]

The Rangers have just one game left before a long break for the All-Star Game. They can't look past a Senators team that, despite losing 5 of 7, has actually been playing better overall hockey since early December and is certainly capable of taking two points. This is a "trap" game.  [NY Daily News]

Tanner Glass has been ruled out of tomorrow's game due to an ongoing upper body injury.  [North Jersey Blog]  [SNY Rangers Blog]

A recap of comments from AV after practice today.  [SNY Rangers Blog]

A recap of comments from the players after practice today.  [Blueshirts United]