The National Hockey League will kick off the 2015 All-Star Game festivities tonight at the Greater Columbus Convention Center, which will finalize the rosters competing in the 2015 Honda NHL All-Star Skills Competition and All-Star Game this weekend. Television information, draft format, rules, players available for selection, and everything else can be found down below in our fantasy draft preview.
Where to watch:
For those of you not attending the festivities live in Columbus, the draft will be broadcast live on NBC Sports Network, Sportsnet, and TVA Sports starting at 8:00 p.m. ET. If you are unable to access a television, there will also be streaming coverage available on NHL.com starting at 8:00 p.m. ET, and running the entire duration of the event.
Draft format and rules:
- 42 NHL All-Stars and six rookies will be available for selection. Each team will consist of 12 forwards, six defensemen, and three goaltenders.
- Picking the team for Team Foligno will be Captain Nick Foligno (CBJ), along with Assistant Captains Drew Doughty (LAK) and Patrick Kane (CHI). Team Toews will consist of Captain Jonathan Toews (CHI), along with Assistant Captains Ryan Getzlaf (ANA) and Rick Nash (NYR).
- A puck flip will be conducted at the start of the draft to determine the first overall selection, and each team will alternate picks to select the 36 remaining All-Stars.
- Each team's three goaltenders must be selected by the end of Round 10, and each team's six defensemen must also be selected by the end of Round 15. One trade will be allowed per team.
- The six rookies participating in the 2015 NHL All-Star Skills Competition will be divided into two groups of three. After Round 11, another puck flip will be conducted to determine which team will select their three rookies.
Players available for selection:
|Player Name||Position||NHL Team|
|Zemgus Girgensons (starter)||C||Buffalo Sabres|
|Patrice Bergeron||C||Boston Bruins|
|Bobby Ryan||RW||Ottawa Senators|
|Claude Giroux||C||Philadelphia Flyers|
|Ryan Johansen||C||Columbus Blue Jackets|
|Jakub Voracek||RW||Philadelphia Flyers|
|Tyler Seguin||C||Dallas Stars|
|Valdimir Tarasenko||RW||St. Louis Blues|
|Ryan Nugent-Hopkins||C||Edmonton Oilers|
|Steve Stamkos||C||Tampa Bay Lightning|
|Anze Kopitar||C||Los Angeles Kings|
|Tyler Johnson||C||Tampa Bay Lightning|
|Filip Forsberg||C||Nashville Predators|
|Phil Kessel||RW||Toronto Maple Leafs|
|Patrik Elias||C||New Jersey Devils|
|Radim Vrbata||RW||Vancouver Canucks|
|John Tavares||C||New York Islanders|
|Alex Ovechkin||LW||Washington Capitals|
|Johnny Gaudreau||LW||Calgary Flames|
|Duncan Keith (starter)||Chicago Blackhawks|
|Brent Seabrook (starter)||Chicago Blackhawks|
|Oliver Ekman-Larsson||Arizona Coyotes|
|Ryan Suter||Minnesota Wild|
|Mark Giordano||Calgary Flames|
|Shea Weber||Nashville Predators|
|Justin Faulk||Carolina Hurricanes|
|Brent Burns||San Jose Sharks|
|Kevin Shattenkirk||St. Louis Blues|
|Dustin Byfuglien||Winnipeg Jets|
|Aaron Ekblad||Florida Panthers|
|Corey Crawford (starter)||Chicago Blackhawks|
|Roberto Luongo||Florida Panthers|
|Marc-Andre Fleury||Pittsburgh Penguins|
|Carey Price||Montreal Canadiens|
|Brian Elliott||St. Louis Blues|
|Jaroslav Halak||New York Islanders|
Be sure to join us for our open thread starting tonight at 7:30 p.m. ET.