clock menu more-arrow no yes

Filed under:

NWHL Games will be Streamed for Free with Cross-Ice Pass

New, comments

There's no reason not to watch history take place this season. The Riveters, Whale, Pride, and Beauts can be watched from the comfort of your own home on NWHL Live: Cross Ice Pass.

Bruce Bennett/Getty Images

The NWHL dropped a bombshell today on twitter when it announced that its Cross-Ice Pass streaming service will be free for fans.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

For months it appeared that the streaming web service would be a subscription package not unlike packages offered by the NHL. One of the perks of buying a season ticket plan for your preferred NWHL team was a 10% discount on NWHL Live: Cross-Ice Pass, so the news that the streaming service is free is pretty surprising. This is amazing news for fans of the upstart league, but perhaps not the best of news for the league itself. The NWHL will be missing out on the income from subscription fees by streaming games for free. There is, of course, the chance that there will be advertising on the streaming service which will be key for the league to monetize the streaming service.

Well, go ahead and bookmark this link, gang. It appears that we'll be enjoying NWHL hockey for free from the comfort of our couches and recliners at home for the league's inaugural season.

NWHL Cross-Ice Pass

Note: If there any more developments on this story, this article will be updated and potentially corrected.

Thanks for reading. Let's go Riveters.