clock menu more-arrow no yes

Filed under:

Riveters Video: Ashley Johnston's Power Play Goal

New, comment

The first-ever Riveters' power play goal was a thing of beauty.

Bruce Bennett/Getty Images

Those who have been watching the Riveters since their preseason games against the FDNY hockey club and the Minnesota Whitecaps knew that we wouldn't likely have to wait long for Ashley Johnston to score her first goal of the season. As it turns out we only had to wait three games for Ashley "Stretch" Johnston to get a shot past an opposing goaltender. Johnston's power play goal, which came on a 5 on 3 power play, was scored 11:27 into the second period and tied Sunday's game at 1-1 before the Whale regained the lead and eventually won the game. Meghan Fardelmann picked up the only assist on Johnston's rifle from the point.

Ashley Johnston's second period goal against the Connecticut Whale was the Riveters' first power play goal of the regular season.

The Riveters' next game will be on November 15th against the Boston Pride at Aviator Sports and Events Center. After that game they will return to the road to play their first game at the Bright-Landry Hockey Center against the Boston Pride on November 22nd.

Thanks for reading and watching. Let's go Riveters.