Here are the highlights:
- The Rangers open the season October 7th (my birthday) to watch Chicago raise their Stanley Cup banner. Yuck.
- The Rangers home opener will be the second portion of a home-and-home with the Columbus Blue Jackets, opening at MSG October 10th.
- In the essence of a consistent schedule:
#NYR do not have a homestand or a road trip longer than 3 games during the 2015-16 regular season. First time this has happened since 41-42.— New York Rangers (@NYRangers) June 25, 2015
- In terms of rivalry games:
- The Rangers first game at Brooklyn is Wednesday December 2nd. That one should be fun.
- The season ends with three home games against the Lightning, Islanders and Red Wings. Hopefully things are wrapped up by then, because that's a heck of a final three.