Rangers News: Kevin Hayes Back in, Jayson Megna Recalled from AHL

With Kreider out of the lineup, the Rangers will turn to preseason standout Jayson Megna.

Preseason standout Jayson Megna was recalled by the Rangers today and he will be in the lineup tonight, along with Kevin Hayes who has sat out the past two games as a healthy scratch, against the Dallas Stars.

Megna being plugged into the lineup for tonight's tilt against the lethal Stars means that Emerson Etem has found himself below Jayson Megna on the Rangers' depth chart. I suppose for now all we can do is simply move another bead across the abacus as we count the number of vexing things that head coach Alain Vigneault has done this season, but it certainly does raise some questions about Etem's future with the Rangers.

Megna goes into the lineup for injured winger Chris Kreider, who has had a disappointing season thus far and is out with a hand injury.

It will be interesting to see what kind of role Megna will be asked to play for the Rangers tonight against the Stars and how much ice time he sees. Megna does have some skill to his game, but has played less than fifty regular season games in the NHL and has 18 points in 34 games in the AHL this season with the Hartford Wolf Pack. Hopefully we'll see Kevin Hayes enjoy a more featured role and some favorable deployment to help spark his game tonight against an exceedingly difficult opponent.

Tonight might could git ugly, ladies and fellers. It just might could. Buckle up.

Thanks for reading. Let's go Rangers.

Should Etem be dressed?

Yes96
No164