clock menu more-arrow no yes

Filed under:

Pregame: Riveters on the Road Against Boston

New, comments
Mike Murphy

The 0-2 Riveters travel to Boston tonight to take on the Pride, who have a record of 3-0. With no word on whether injured first liners Amanda Kessel and Janine Weber will be returning, it’s tough to predict what kind of game we’re going to see.

My guess is that Chad Wiseman starts Katie Fitzgerald in net. Fitzgerald held off most of a fierce assault by the Whale on Sunday, while the Pride lit up Sojung Shin the last time the teams met, scoring four goals in the second period alone.

Riveters to watch:

Rookie blue liners Courtney Burke and Milica McMillen created some great chances last week. Forward Rebecca Russo is due for a goal, as is fan favorite Madison Packer, who I’m sure will cause problems for the Pride all over the ice. And no matter what happens, it seems almost impossible to keep Miye D’Oench off the board.

Connor Murphy

The second period will be key for the Pride. They’ve scored 11 goals this season, 9 of which came in the middle frame. Rachel Llanes leads the team with two goals so far this season, but Boston is dangerous primarily because almost any player can score at any time. Add Brittany Ott as backstop, and they’ll never be an easy team to beat, even without Hilary Knight, who has yet to join them this season. (As with Kessel and Weber, the league has offered no formal diagnosis. Pictures on Twitter seem to suggest a leg injury that Knight likely wants to nurse heading into the Four Nations tournament in Finland; this could be the case for Kessel as well.)