2016 World Cup: JT Miller Named to Team North America

Miller joins North America, which is really just the "Young Stars" roster even though I was hoping we'd see players from Belize and El Salvador on the ice in this tournament.

The Rangers' J.T. Miller has been tapped as one of Team North America's young stars for the 2016 World Cup! Miller will join the likes of Connor McDvaid, Jack Eichel, and Johnny Gaudreau on a team consisting of players who are 23 years old or younger.

I don't know about you, but I'm pretty excited to see what Miller can do skating alongside some of the other best young stars in the league. It's great to see Miller get recognition from some noteworthy executives and big names in the hockey world for his play this season as well as his potential.

-

The following is from the NHL's press release which includes the names of the other 15 players who were named to Team North America's roster:

The top hockey players from Canada and the United States who are 23
or under as of Oct. 1, 2016 are available for selection exclusively by Team
North America.

Named to Team North America are:

G John Gibson, Anaheim Ducks
G Connor Hellebuyck, Manitoba Moose – Winnipeg Jets hold NHL rights
G Matt Murray, Pittsburgh Penguins

D Aaron Ekblad, Florida Panthers
D Seth Jones, Columbus Blue Jackets
D Ryan Murray, Columbus Blue Jackets
D Morgan Rielly, Toronto Maple Leafs

F Sean Couturier, Philadelphia Flyers
F Jack Eichel, Buffalo Sabres
F Johnny Gaudreau, Calgary Flames
F Dylan Larkin, Detroit Red Wings
F Nathan MacKinnon, Colorado Avalanche
F Connor McDavid, Edmonton Oilers
F J.T. Miller, New York Rangers
F Sean Monahan, Calgary Flames
F Brandon Saad, Columbus Blue Jackets

Here's a video of Miller doing dirty things in Carolina against the Hurricanes. No one let Eric Staal see this, he might get sad. It's amazing to think of how far Miller has come from the player he was last year and how much more comfortable and confident he looks with the puck on the attack.

The final two roster announcements are coming in the next hour and, of course, they are Canada and 'Murrica. Do you think any other young Rangers' prospects deserved to be considered for Team North America? Who are you expecting to make Team Canada and Team USA?

Team Canada: 6:05 p.m.

Team USA: 6:45 p.m. (this will be broadcasted on ESPN)