No Hearing for Kris Letang After Slash to Stalberg's Head

Looks like Letang is getting away with a clear slash to the neck/head of Rangers forward Viktor Stalberg

Pittsburgh Penguins defenseman Kris Letang will get away without a hearing (no suspension, no fine) for what appeared to be an intentional slash to the head/neck of Rangers forward Viktor Stalberg. No penalty was called on the play despite the fact that the slash drew blood from Stalberg's lip.

Whether or not missing what was clearly deserving of a double-minor for high sticking and/or slashing had an outcome on the end result of the game is far from certain, but what is certain is that this kind of thing can't go unpunished after the game has come to an end.

In the video clip above created by Ryan Ohanesian, pay close attention to Letang's upper body and where he is looking. It appears that there was clear swing towards Stalberg's head.

We can't have this in our game regardless of the name on the back of the jersey or the logo on the front of the jersey.