Rangers Recall Seven from AHL, "Black Aces" Join Team

The return of Megna man.

The Rangers have recalled seven players from their AHL affiliate today. These players will serve as the "taxi squad" or "the black aces" to practice with the main roster and be available in the event of a sudden injury of any kind.

The Hartford Wolf Pack missed the last playoff seed in the Eastern Conference by two points this season, finishing just behind the Islanders' AHL affiliate the Bridgeport Sound Tigers. Having these players up with the main club for this time is simply a way to enhance the team's practices, give young players some valuable experience, and have some insurance policies close at hand.

Among the call-ups is Nicklas Jensen, the 23 year old Dane that the Rangers acquired for Emerson Etem this season.

Why am I making a point to mention Jensen? Because I wanted to. That's why.

What do you guys think of the black aces that were called up to join the big club?