FanShot

Henrik Lundqvist offers parting words on the season

+

Thank u all for the support during the year & I promise u that it will be our mission to prove any doubters we can come back better next yr

— Henrik Lundqvist (@HLundqvist30) April 25, 2016

NHL is so competitive that success can never be taken for granted. With a vision/hard work I believe we can get there, I hope u do 2! #NYR

— Henrik Lundqvist (@HLundqvist30) April 25, 2016

Henrik Lundqvist is far from being even included on the list of the Rangers' worst problems, but fact is, he did just have the worst playoffs of his career, and he isn't getting any younger.

Still. He's a leader on this team, and while tough times are ahead, it's generally nice to see optimism from one of your team's best players, no matter what.

With a healthy dose of humility. As Lundqvist points out, the Rangers were extremely lucky to go deep into the playoffs two years in a row, as unfortunate as it was that they couldn't win the ultimate prize.

Really, Lundqvist's words sum up the beginning of the off-season well: and it's all any of us can do but hope his sentiments are reflected in reality.