New York Rangers Recall Brady Skjei

The New York Rangers have called up Brady Skjei.

The New York Rangers have officially recalled defenseman Brady Skjei from Hartford to join the team in New York. No, we don't have any word on what the situation is with the Ryan McDonagh injury he suffered in last night's win over the Columbus Blue Jackets.

No, we don't have any idea of how the Rangers intend to set their defensive lineup; since Dylan McIlrath is healthy and has been watching games from the press box every night the past few weeks.

We should have more information on the Skjei situation come 5:30 tonight when Alain Vigneault addresses the media. My guess is Vigneault would want to get whoever is going to be his defenseman in the playoffs -- assuming McDonagh is out long term -- serious action these final three games now that a playoff berth is locked up.

I don't think this call up says anything about McDonagh's injury, for what it's worth. If it's a bruise or if he's even in minor discomfort there is no reason to risk playing him in a meaningless game.

Thoughts?