New York Rangers Re-Sign Antti Raanta (Updated With Terms)

Raanta will remain with the Rangers for at least another year.

The New York Rangers have agreed to terms with free agent backup goaltender Antti Raanta per the team.

The Rangers do not release terms to contracts, so we're in the dark a little right now on the deal itself.

In the short term, this is a really good move for the Rangers. Raanta was a very good backup to Henrik Lundqvist, fit in with the room and was a solid contributor. The Rangers obviously want to keep him in the fold, and with Lundqvist getting up there in age, having a comfortable goaltender to take 20-30 reps a year isn't the worst thing in the world.

We will continue to update this story as we figure out the terms of the contract but for right now this is solid work by Jeff Gorton on what is the team's most important summer in a long, long time.

Update 12:58P: Terms of the deal. This is all good!