clock menu more-arrow no yes

Filed under:

2016 NHL Free Agency Open Thread

New, comments
2016 NHL Draft - Rounds 2-7 Photo by Bruce Bennett/Getty Images

Well today should be fun. Or horrible. Or terrifying. Or awesome!

Per the people who would know, the New York Rangers aren’t expected to be overly active today — which might not be that bad of a thing. With Steven Stamkos off the market, Taylor Hall a New Jersey Devil and Andrew Ladd reportedly interested in Long Island it really isn’t the best market to run into with a sense of panic.

The Rangers haven’t been overly active, and with their current cap situation I can’t imagine there’s much coming on the free agency front. Since Matt Martin is expected to command upwards of $4-million that’s more a good thing than a bad thing.

Use this as your open thread of the day. The window opens at Noon so get ready for all the action — or lack there of — that will follow.

We’ll obviously have any needed updated as they come.