Just 24 hours after the puck dropped yesterday in Newark the Rangers are back at the Garden and looking to win a big game against a team they are in direct competition with in the standings. Tonight the Blueshirts will host the Columbus Blue Jackets. The Rangers currently have a one point lead over the Blue Jackets in the standings, but they have two games in hand over Ohio's hockey club.
- NYR's home record: 19-11-2
- NYR's last 10 games: 8-1-1
- Result of last NYR game: 4-3 (OT) win over the Devils. Kreider, Lindberg, Clendening and Zibanejad with goals.
- The other team: The Cannon
- CBJ road record: 16-7-4
- CBJ last 10 games: 5-4-1
- Result of last CBJ game: 7-0 win over the Islanders.
Things to look out for: Chris Kreider and Nick Holden are both looking for their 20th assists of the season tonight. J.T. Miller is stuck on 19 goals. Mats Zuccarello's next point will be his 45th of the season. Henrik Lundqvist's next victory will tie him with Edmonton Oilers legend Grant Fuhr for 10th all-time in wins.