2017 Playoffs: Rangers lines for Game 1

We have our sneak peak at what tomorrow’s lineup for Game 1 against the Montreal Canadiens looks like. As expected Pavel Buchnevich is out of the picture and Tanner Glass is on the fourth line.

For those who prefer to look at the longhand version of the Rangers lines - we have you covered:

Chris Kreider - Derek Stepan - Mats Zuccarello

Jimmy Vesey- Mika Zibanejad - Rick Nash

Michael Grabner - Kevin Hayes - J.T. Miller

Tanner Glass - Oscar Lindberg - Jesper Fast

Ryan McDonagh - Dan Girardi

Marc Staal- Nick Holden

Brady Skjei - Brendan Smith

Other news (that is not surprising) is that the Rangers have sent Taylor Beck and Magnus Hellberg back down to the AHL. So, as expected, Antti Raanta will be good to go tomorrow night as the Rangers backup.

Montreal’s lines at today’s practice at the Bell Sports Complex:

Max Pacioretty - Phillip Danault - Alexander Radulov

Paul Byron - Tomas Plekanec - Brendan Gallagher

Dwight King - Andrew Shaw - Artturi Lehkonen

Alex Galchenyuk - Steve Ott - Andreas Martinsen

Brian Flynn - Torrey Mitchell - Michael McCarron

Andrei Markov - Shea Weber

Jordie Benn - Jeff Petry

Nathan Beaulieu - Nikita Nesterov

Brandon Davidson

It’s interesting to see King moved up to the third line and Galchenyuk skating with the fourth line, but the Habs will have offense on all four lines if they roll with this lineup tomorrow. Maybe Claude Julien just wants more ice time for King. We shall see.

As expected Carey Price and former Ranger top draft pick Al Montoya were the goalies on the ice for the Habs. Alexei Emelin was off the ice with a lower body injury. Emelin was injured on Apr. 5th in a game against the San Jose Sharks. He’s been out of Montreal’s lineup since.

An interesting plot twist to Game 1 is an injury suffered today during the Canadiens practice. Max Pacioretty got off the ice after he took a puck or stick to the face.