clock menu more-arrow no yes

Filed under:

Site News: Our Riveters coverage is moving to The Ice Garden

New, comments
New York Riveters Media Day Photo by Bruce Bennett/Getty Images

On July, 21st 2015 I published my first story about the NWHL and the New York Riveters on Blueshirt Banter. It was a cursory introduction to the new women’s league and a new hockey team for New York-area fans to follow. Today, 22 months later, I’m posting my last piece about our NWHL coverage on Blueshirt Banter.

BSB’s NWHL and Riveters coverage is moving over to SB Nation’s home of women’s hockey - The Ice Garden.

Why are we doing this? It felt strange to be (indirectly) competing with another SB Nation blog for Riveters coverage. It felt counter-intuitive. It felt like there was a better home for what we were trying to do here at Blueshirt Banter. And it felt like we could help make something that was already great even better.

This isn’t about taking women’s hockey coverage off of a New York Rangers hockey blog. It’s about embracing the chance to combine our efforts and talents with other dedicated and knowledgeable people to create the best possible home for women’s hockey on SB Nation.

I believe in what Hannah Bevis (managing editor) and her team are doing over at The Ice Garden. And I’m thrilled to be a part of it. We all are.

Thank you to everyone who clicked on, read, shared and/or commented on a Riveters piece here at the Banter over the past two years. Our coverage isn’t stopping, it’s just happening under a different banner.

Let’s go Riveters.

THE ICE GARDEN

Ice Garden’s Riveters sub-site

@TheIceGarden | @Hannah_Bevis1 | @DigDeepBSB | @bethmachlan | @CAMurphy91