clock menu more-arrow no yes

Filed under:

Tatiana Rafter re-signs with Riveters

New, comments
Connor Murphy

After re-signing the NWHL’s goalie of the year, the Riveters made another move today by bringing back center Tatiana Rafter. Rafter is the first NWHL player to commit to her third year with the league.

Much like Katie Fitzgerald, Rafter played a big part in the Riveters’ turnaround this season as the big center put up 6-1-7 in New York’s 18 games played as well as picking up a goal in the Rivs’ playoff matchup against the Buffalo Beauts.

“It was an adjustment period transitioning from CIS (Canadian Interuniversity Sport) to the pro level in the NWHL. I feel like my university career prepared me, and Chad Wiseman really helped me nail down keys to taking my game to the next level.” Rafter said in a press release from the NWHL. “With opportunity and guidance, it resulted in a bit of a break for me last season. I try to focus on using my size and speed. Driving to the net, getting shots off and getting to the net are big parts of my play.”

The 5’10 center played an important role in Wiseman’s revitalized attack and bringing her back is an important start if the Riveters hope to take another big step forward in the 2017-18 season.