Buchnevich Breaks Thumb; Out 4-6 Weeks

No, we can’t have nice things. Pavel Buchnevich’s gorgeous point streak came to a grim end on Saturday night when he got crunched into the boards during the third period in Columbus, in a game to which he’d contributed a drop-dead sexy toe drag assist and an equally beautiful goal.

Somebody was going to get hurt. Buch and Mika Zibanejad got manhandled for most of the game, prompting this from Joe:

The Blue Jackets, undeterred by the online threats of a random man in Connecticut, did not, and here we are.

David Quinn raved about our Russian son’s play, which was a huge part of boosting the “tanking” Rangers into 3rd place in the Metro.

Tank, schmank. I am sad.