Rangers vs. Capitals: Open Game Thread

Well, at least we got to enjoy Thanksgiving, right?

After a good old-fashioned loss (remember those?) to Gritty and the Flyers yesterday, which only Henrik Lundqvist kept from being a full-on drubbing — although it sort of turned into a blowout anyway, at 4-0 — the Blueshirts are gonna try the whole midday game thing again against the Stanley Cup-winning Washington Capitals, because why the hell not.

They’ll be joined by Tim Gettinger, who was called up yesterday from Hartford. And they’ll be looking for their eighth straight win on home ice. Brendan Smith will be back in the lineup and Tony DeAngelo will be a healthy scratch. It will be Alexandar Georgiev in net for the Rangers, while Phoenix Copley (what) will probably be between the pipes for the Caps.

“At the end of the day, we got what we deserved,” said coach David Quinn of the team’s loss to Philly. What will they deserve today? Tell us in the comments!