clock menu more-arrow no yes

Filed under:

Rangers v. Capitals: Open Game Thread

New, comments
Washington Capitals v New York Rangers Photo by Bruce Bennett/Getty Images

Depending on how your particular Ranger Brain works, chances are that you’ve spent the hours before this game either A) deranged with excitement to finally see the Two Princes, Filip Chytil and Lias Andersson, playing together on MSG ice, or B) deranged with rage that the Two Russians, Pavel Buchnevich and Vladdy Namestnikov, are playing on the 4th line (um) with Cody McLeod (wut), who is not a lot of things, including Russian.

Let’s choose excitement, shall we? Because Chytil sure has:

Jack laid out the specifics of Chytil and Andersson’s contracts/eligibility here; however, as Dave Shapiro pointed out, it’s important to remember that they aren’t saviors. They’re kids who happen to be freaking spectacular at hockey. So let’s have fun watching them. In what continues to be a strange combination of tank and rebuild (retank? tankbuild?), Rangers fans need to take a collective deep breath and try to enjoy what we’ve got right now.