2019 NHL Draft: New York Rangers Select Zachary Jones 68th Overall

The New York Rangers have selected defenseman Zachary Jones with the 68th overall pick.

Vitals

Position: LD

Age on Draft Day: 18

Height: 5’10”

Weight: 176

2018-2019 Stats: 56 Games Played | 7 goals | 45 assist | 52 points

Draft Rankings

Central Scouting (NA Skaters Only): 70th

Corey Pronman: 54th

Hockey Prospect: 38th

Elite Prospects: 64th

Bob McKenzie: 88th

Jones is an offensive defenseman who moves the puck well. He was one of the top defensemen in the USHL this past season, registering 52 points in 56 games for the Tri-City Storm.

To be frank, I’ve only seen him play once and don’t have much of a read on him yet, but in the coming days I’ll be whipping through video and will come up with a more thorough scouting report.

Talking Points