Game #20: New York Rangers vs Ottawa Senators Open Thread

After splitting the first two games of their season series, the New York Rangers and Ottawa Senators are set to meet for the final time this season. The road team has taken each of the previous two contests. The Rangers blew the doors off at the Senators’ home opener with a 4-1 victory on October 5th, and the Senators waltzed into Madison Square Garden and laughed the Blueshirts out of their own building by a 6-2 margin on November 4th. Look for both teams to come out guns blazing in an effort to earn two points in the rubber match of the series.

Mika Zibanejad will remain out of the lineup, while Henrik Lundqvist gets another start in goal tonight.

Player to Watch: Artemiy Panarin

We’re reaching the point were I could put Panarin here every night, but I’ll try to mix it up moving forward. Panarin recorded a power play goal and an assist in Ottawa on Octoer 5th, and followed up that performance with another PPG when the Senators came to New York. The dynamic Russian forward has had more multi-point efforts (nine, including six of his last seven games) than scoreless nights (three) since coming to Broadway. Expect another dazzling performance against Ottawa’s suspect defensive corps.

Enjoy the game!