Bantering the Blueshirts Ep. 148: The RFAs and arbitration

It’s time for another podcast

The podcast is here a day later than usual, because Mike went to a fancy sports analytics meet-up in the City. Apologies!

This week on the show Joe and Mike discuss the hangover that has followed the Artemi Panarin signing and the Rangers’ current cap crunch. Much of the show is spent discussing what kind of contracts we should expect to see Jacob Trouba and Pavel Buchnevich sign and why the Rangers (and every other NHL team) should avoid going to arbitration. We also sink our teeth into what we think will happen with Chris Kreider — whose future is New York is uncertain at best — and why the Rangers should sign Tony DeAngelo to a bridge deal.

You can also listen to this week’s show by clicking here! Make sure to keep an eye and an ear out for this week’s addition of Off the Post, which features a lot of roster discussion and a discussion about the lack of diversity in the NHL.

Remember, if you want to hear us discuss topics or answer questions on the show, use #BanteringPoints on Twitter or send us a message if you’re a Patron! If you have the time, please go ahead and give us a rating and/or leave a review for us on iTunes. Seriously, it helps us out a lot. Also, please check out our Patreon. We have stickers and mugs!

As always, thanks for listening and thanks for supporting the show. Have a great week, friends.

Off the Post: The Breadman, the lack of diversity in the NHL, and more