Official: Rangers Recall Phil Di Giuseppe and Assign Steven Fogarty to Hartford Wolf Pack

The New York Rangers have announced the demotion of Steven Fogarty, and the recall of Phil Di Giuseppe.

Fogarty skated in six games after being recalled, and averaged just 5:26 a game. Di Giuseppe has played well for the Wolf Pack, and has posted a line of 11-11-22 in 39 games, which put him fourth in scoring on the team.

Di Giuseppe has 150 games of NHL experience, and a line of 14-27-41 while averaging 11:54 a game. This move could be reward him for his success in Hartford, or a way for the team to try and get some more minutes out of the fourth line.

The Rangers will play the Islanders on Monday, and I’d expect we will learn more about the team’s plans before the game.