2020 Draft Day Open Thread: Day Two

It continues

It’s draft day... part two.

In Round One, the New York Rangers started things off by selecting Alexis Lafrenière first overall.

2020 NHL Draft: New York Rangers Select Alexis Lafrenière 1st Overall

Jeff Gorton then traded pick No. 22 along with No. 72 to move up to No. 19 where they selected defenseman Braden Schneider.

2020 NHL Draft: New York Rangers Select Braden Schneider 19th Overall

You can read Adam’s scouting report on him here.

Rounds 2 through 7 of the draft kicks off at 11:30 a.m. ET on NHL Network, and the Rangers have the 92nd, 103rd, 134th, 165th, 196th, 197th, and the 206th pick. Yes, that’s three picks in Round 7.

Please use this as your open thread for Day Two of the draft but keep an eye out for separate posts on breaking news. It’s time to see who will join Alexis Lafrenière and Braden Schneider as the next Rangers prospects from the 2020 Draft.

After the draft is completed, Mike and I will be recording a podcast to give our thoughts on the draft, and we will be joined by Adam for his insight on how things went.