2020 NHL Draft: New York Rangers Select Dylan Garand 103rd Overall

The New York Rangers have selected goaltender Dylan Garand with the 103rd pick of the 2020 NHL Draft.

Garand was ranked No. 69 by Elite Prospects, No. 165 by Future Considerations, No. 154 by McKeen’s Hockey, and was the sixth ranked North American goaltender by NHL Central Scouting.

Via the WHL’s website:

In 42 appearances during the shortened 2019-20 campaign – his first as a starter in the WHL – Garand went 28-10-2-1 with a 2.21 goals-against average, .921 save percentage, and four shutouts. He was among the WHL leaders in two vital goaltending categories – GAA (third) and SV% (third). His four shutouts were tied for fourth.

“I just try to keep it simple, take it one day at a time, and just try to get better each day,” Garand said. “We’ll see where that ends up. I’m not focusing on anything too specific, I just want to get better and continue to give my team a chance to win each night.”

Here are some additional thoughts on the Rangers’ newest prospect.

Stay tuned for more in-depth information on this pick in the days to come.