Last night, NHL Network ranked New York Rangers left winger Artemiy Panarin as the league’s top winger. Rounding out the Top 5 were David Pastrnak, Nikita Kucherov, Alex Ovechkin, and Patrick Kane.
Panarin was a Hart Trophy and Ted Lindsay Award finalist following a sensational debut season in New York. He piled up 32 goals and 63 assists in 69 games to finish tied for third in the league in scoring with Pastrnak. That’s a 112-point pace in an 82-game season. It’s also the highest-scoring campaign of Panarin’s career, which began in 2015-16 in Chicago with the Blackhawks.
Here’s a list of the Top 20 wingers, which was put together based on their performance over the past several seasons. You may be surprised to see a former Ranger and current Vancouver Canuck cracking the Top 20.
NHL Network’s Top 20 Wings Right Now, 1-20
- Artemi Panarin, New York Rangers
- David Pastrnak, Boston Bruins
- Nikita Kucherov, Tampa Bay Lightning
- Alex Ovechkin, Washington Capitals
- Patrick Kane, Chicago Blackhawks
- Brad Marchand, Boston Bruins
- Mitch Marner, Toronto Maple Leafs
- Mikko Rantanen, Colorado Avalanche
- Jonathan Huberdeau, Florida Panthers
- Mark Stone, Vegas Golden Knights
- Blake Wheeler, Winnipeg Jets
- Kyle Connor, Winnipeg Jets
- Matthew Tkachuk, Calgary Flames
- Patrik Laine, Winnipeg Jets
- Max Pacioretty, Vegas Golden Knights
- Johnny Gaudreau, Calgary Flames
- J.T. Miller, Vancouver Canucks
- Claude Giroux, Philadelphia Flyers
- Vladimir Tarasenko, St. Louis Blues
- Jake Guentzel, Pittsburgh Penguins
Continuing over the next two Sundays, NHL Network will unveil its latest editions of Top 20 Centers Right Now and Top 10 Goalies Right Now. How high should Mika Zibanejad and Igor Shesterkin finish on those respective lists?
Let us know what you think in the comments.