It’s time for another installment of Blueshirt Banter’s Rangers Radar, where we focus the spotlight on trends in performance, production, and collect notes on players in the New York Rangers organization.
New York Rangers
- Mika Zibanejad is very good at hockey. He has scored 21 goals in the 20 games the Rangers have played since the All-Star break and leads the team in scoring in that window with 33 points (Artemiy Panarin is second, with 25).
- Since the All-Star break, Pavel Buchnevich actually has a higher scoring rate (2.79 points per 60) at 5-on-5 than Panarin. He’s currently riding a five-game point-scoring streak in which he has picked up one goal and six assists. Buchnevich recently set a new single-season career high in scoring when he notched his 44th point of the season. Last year, the Russian winger had 38 points in 64 games.
- Since joining the Rangers, Julien Gauthier has averaged 8:35 TOI/GP and has two points (both assists) in 10 games. He is still hunting for his first NHL goal.
- Henrik Lundqvist has played just 181:13 since the All-Star break. In that window, he has posted an .888 Sv%. He has won just one of his five starts in the New Year and currently has the lowest save percentage of his career (.905).
Hartford Wolf Pack
- The Wolf Pack are 3-6-1-0 in their last 10 games and have slipped down to third place in the Atlantic Division behind the Hershey Bears and the Providence Bruins. Hartford has four goals in their last four games. Not great.
- Defenseman Libor Hajek has one goal and two assists in 22 games with the Wolf Pack this season. Per ahltracker.com, his most frequent defensive partner (measured by on-ice goal event percentage at even strength) is Darren Raddysh. Hajek had zero goals and five assists in 58 games with Hartford last season. He began the 2019-20 season with the Rangers.
- Raddysh is two points shy of matching Joey Keane’s point total with the Wolf Pack this season (30). He has played 12 more games than Keane did before the former third round pick was traded to the Carolina Hurricanes in exchange for Gauthier on Feb. 18, 2020.
- Russian prospect Vitai Kravtsov has played six consecutive games without registering a point. Kravtsov has 14 points in 38 games with the Wolf Pack and has one goal in his last 19 games.
- Goaltender Adam Huska has posted an .886 Sv% since the start of December and now has an .894 Sv% for the season. The Czech prospect has allowed three or more goals in eight of his 12 starts since January.
Other Rangers Prospects
- Center Lias Andersson (7th overall, 2017 Draft) has 11 points in 13 GP with HV71 in the SHL since being loaned to the team by the Rangers. Andersson is averaging 15:35 TOI/GP and 2.0 SOG/GP with HV71.
- Finnish winger Lauri Pajuniemi (132nd overall, 2018 Draft) is currently second in Liiga in goals (26). Pajuniemi is shooting at a rate of 20.01 S60 (all situations) for TPS. To put that number into context, Jessie Puljujarvi is shooting at a rate of 23.08 for Kärpät in Liiga.
Rangers prospect Lauri Pajunimei has an all-situations shooting rate of 20.01 S60 (avg 15:35 TOI/GP) in Liiga. Jesse Puljujärvi has a 23.08 S60 shooting rate in Liiga.— Mike Murphy (@DigDeepBSB) March 9, 2020
Max Pacioretty leads the NHL with a 14.41 S60 in all situations. #PlayLikeANewYorker
- Swedish defensive prospect Nils Lundkvist (28th overall, 2018 Draft) leads all U-20 SHL defenders in scoring by a wide margin. Lundkvist has nine goals and 20 assists in 43 GP and is averaging 20:21 TOI/GP.
- Matthew Robertson (49th overall, 2019 Draft) is tied for 12th among WHL defensemen in scoring. He has 47 points — 22 of which have been picked up on the power play — in 60 games for the Edmonton Oil Kings. Robertson has picked up points in 16 of his last 19 games.