Open Thread: Game 6 of Stanley Cup Final Tampa Bay Lightning vs. Dallas Stars

The Dallas Stars lived to see another day after fighting off elimination and defeating the Tampa Bay Lightning in double overtime. Joe Pavelski evened up the contest with just under seven minutes remaining in regulation, and sent Game 5 to the extra frame. It took nearly a period and a half of overtime before we found ourselves a winner, and Corey Perry came away as the hero.

Perry was able to follow up his own rebound off of a net-front scramble in front of Andrei Vasilevskiy, and slammed home the loose puck to force at least another game. The Stars will look to continue to chip away at the series deficit, meanwhile Tampa Bay will hope to put Dallas away once and for all.

We’ll see how it all plays out tonight with puck drop scheduled for 8:00 p.m. ET once again.

How to Watch

When: 8:00 p.m. ET

Where: Rogers Place (Edmonton, Alberta)

Television: NBC, CBC, Sportsnet, TVA Sports

Projected Lineups

Lightning

Ondrej Palat - Brayden Point - Nikita Kucherov
Alex Killorn - Anthony Cirelli - Tyler Johnson
Barclay Goodrow - Yanni Gourde - Blake Coleman
Patrick Maroon - Cedric Paquette - Carter Verhaeghe

Victor Hedman - Jan Rutta
Ryan McDonagh - Kevin Shattenkirk
Mikhail Sergachev - Erik Cernak

Andrei Vasilevskiy

Stars

Jamie Benn - Tyler Seguin - Alexander Radulov
Mattias Janmark - Joe Pavelski - Denis Gurianov
Joel Kiviranta - Roope Hintz - Corey Perry
Andrew Cogliano - Jason Dickinson - Nicholas Caamano

Esa Lindell - John Klingberg
Jamie Oleksiak - Miro Heiskanen
Joel Hanley - Andrej Sekera

Anton Khudobin