Henrik Lundqvist Officially Bought Out By New York Rangers

The news is now official: Henrik Lundqvist is no longer a New York Ranger.

A mainstay of the franchise since the 2005-06 season, Lundqvist is now a free agent, able to pursue opportunities to continue his career and chase a Stanley Cup. It will be interesting to see where the King ends up, and there certainly should be many suitors given the fact that he won’t have an $8.5 million cap hit associated with him.

For more information on the many stats associated with Hank during his Rangers tenure, check out Shayna’s story from yesterday.

Henrik Lundqvist Will Be Bought Out By New York Rangers

Although we knew the news was coming and there will be ample time to reflect on everything Lundqvist meant to the organization, it’s still a sad day.

In the interim, until Blueshirt Banter posts thoughts and reflections from various writers here, I suggest going down memory lane and reflecting on past memories through the 30 Days of Lundqvist series from 2017.

30 Days Of Lundqvist - Blueshirt Banter

Long live the King.