FanPost

OT: It's not over by a long-shot. Please protect yourself and others.

If you've been vaccinated - thank you. If you haven't, please consider what happened to NFL Network anchor Rich Eisen.

Covid-0406.0.jpg

Despite being vaccinated he still got a breakthrough infection. What good was the vaccine for you may ask? He had a milder case than he would have otherwise. He wasn't hospitalized and he didn't die. Sounds like a win to me.

Cases are up in 48 states as of this writing (now all 50j. Los Angeles (and now Vegas) just mandated that everyone, vaccinated or not, wear masks indoors. Many countries (including Japan, where the Olympics start in a week) are seeing a 6 month high in cases. 99+ percent of hospitalizations/deaths in the US are from unvaccinated people. One of the players on the US Olympic basketball team ain't going now. I could go on and on. This has become an epidemic of the unvaccinated.

I'll never understand why this had to be made into a political issue. Tennessee just fired their state vaccine manager and is prohibiting their health department from informing the public about ANY kind of vaccines. Why? Shouldn't people be informed of their health choices? If there was a vaccine for cancer would they hide that too? This is a once-in-a-lifetime health emergency. Give people the honest facts and give them the opportunity to make their own choices. Screw the "public servants" who are only concerned about doing what's best for their reelection or the "news" personalities who continually spew misinformation for ratings.

So to anyone who asks why I still wear a mask all the time:

* Delta

* The honor system. I have no idea if those maskless people were vaccinated. I'll bet a large percentage weren't.

* I was vaccinated early in the J&J trial and I'm old. My immune system ain't what it used to be.

* There are many people walking around with compromised immune systems. They may be undergoing cancer treatment, be transplant patients, or be on immunosuppressant drugs like steroids (as a pharmacist I know for a fact there are many people taking steroids for one reason or another). They deserve a life and need to be protected.

* I'm a health professional. I've studied diseases and vaccines and getting Covid scares the shit out of me. But I know that I have antibodies so if I do get unlucky somehow I’ll have a milder case.

Forgive me. I needed to rant. I recognize the right of everyone to make their own choice but please make an informed decision after consulting with your doctor and not after listening to a politician or TV news personality or reading social media. The vaccine protects you and everyone around you. But like I said, don’t believe me. Ask your doctor.

Predicting: The Olympics is going to be a covidtastrophy.

PS: The vaccine is NOT magnetic.