Rangers announce preseason schedule

The Rangers will meet the Bruins, Islanders, and Devils for exhibition games before the 2021-22 season begins

We have a New York Rangers 2021 preseason schedule. The Rangers will have three two-game series against the Boston Bruins, New York Islanders, and the New Jersey Devils.

Schedule

  • Sept. 26 vs New York Islanders, 7 p.m. ET
  • Sept. 28 vs Boston Bruins, 7 p.m.
  • Oct. 1 at New Jersey Devils, 7 p.m.
  • Oct. 2 at Boston Bruins, 7 p.m.
  • Oct. 6 vs New Jersey Devils, 7 p.m.
  • Oct. 9 at New York Islanders, 7 p.m./

Just as you’d expect, it will be three games at home and three games on the road for the Blueshirts. Circle the second meeting with the Devils on your calendars, which takes place after the only back-to-back action of the preseason for the Rangers. That game will mark a return to play after a three-day hiatus and should represent a window of time where we begin to have a better idea of who is emerging as favorites to make the roster.

Of course, we’re still not entirely sure who will be on the ice for the Rangers in training camp or in the preseason but that should begin to come into focus after tomorrow when unrestricted free agency opens. The Rangers have been linked to big veteran Swedish defenseman Patrik Nemeth and are expected to have their checkbooks out for other targets as well.