Bantering Points: 10/28/16
The Rangers are in Raleigh to begin the post-Dylan McIlrath era against Hurricanes later today. Here's today's news and links.
- Brett Cyrgalis notices that while the Rangers will be getting Pavel Buchnevich back in the lineup, they'll still be missing one of their best forwards tonight. (NY Post)
- Steve Zipay relays news from the NHL DoPS that David Pastrnak is set for a hearing regarding his hit on Dan Girardi during Wednesday's game. (Newsday)
- Matthew Schmidt points out that Dylan McIlrath wasn't the only former 10th Overall Pick on the waiver wire yesterday, as he was joined by Blues forward Magnus Paajarvi. (Today's Slapshot)
- Jim Cerny says that the Rangers' scoring depth and improved shot numbers have propelled them to their strong October start. (The Hockey Writers)
- Sean Hartnett talks about how scooping Brandon Pirri out of the bargain bin has been a boon for the Rangers offense. (CBS)
- Pat from BSB sees a small change that Alain Vigneault can make to improve the blue line, and ponders why they haven't been made yet.
- Jimmy Vesey and Kevin Hayes head to John Varvatos and engage in some funny banter while discussing fashion. (1:48 Video via Official Team Site)
- Post-Practice Interviews: Derek Stepan (1:40), Henrik Lundqvist (2:22), and Alain Vigneault (6:23) (Offical Team Site)/
Around the NHL:
- DTM About Heart continues WAR week, as he showcases how to blend the use of Expected Plus-Minus and Box Plus-Minus. (Hockey Graphs)
- Pierre Lebrun receives word that the Las Vegas expansion team will have time before the expansion draft to negotiate with unprotected UFA's, along with news that the NHL is looking to bring back it's European Premiere. (ESPN)
- Josh Cooper enjoyed an intense game of Rock, Paper, Scissors between Tyler Seguin and Mark Scheifele at the end of pre-game warm ups during last night's Dallas-Winnipeg game. (Puck Daddy)
- Eric Stephens reports that the Hampus Lindholm saga has finally ended, as Anaheim signed him to a six year. $31.5M deal. (Orange Country Register)/