Bantering Points 3/16/17

News and notes for Thursday, March 16th, 2017

I wish I had something funny and cool to say here, but I really don't. Here are today's news and links:

Rangers News:

  • Brett Cyrgalis reveals why Alain Vigneault's next lineup decision will say a lot about the identity of the team (NY Post)
  • Justin Tasch hears from Antti Raanta about how he is enjoying the temporary role of the team's #1 goalie in Henrik Lundqvist's absence (NY Daily News)
  • Jess Rubenstein provides another prospect update, with bits on Sergei Zborovskiy, Ryan Gropp, and more (Blueshirt Bulletin)
  • Derek Radich questions if Antti Raanta could usurp Henrik Lundqvist as the team's starter by the time the playoffs roll around (Elite Sports NY)
  • Dave Shapiro wonders what will happen once Jesper Fast is healthy enough to return to the Rangers' lineup (Blue Seat Blogs)
  • Shapiro also took a moment to appreciate New York's scoring depth (Blue Seat Blogs)
  • Brandon Cohen believes that Antti Raanta could become the next Cam Talbot (Blue Line Station)
  • John Williams highlghts the Ottawa Senators as the Rangers' ideal first round playoff matchup (Blue Line Station)

Around the NHL:

  • Former Rangers head coach Mike Keenan has been hired as the next head coach of the KHL's Kunlun Red Star (Sportsnet)
  • Frank Seravalli points out that Pittsburgh Penguins goaltender Matt Murray deserves some attention as a Calder Trophy nominee in spite of a stacked rookie field (TSN)
  • Sean McIndoe examines the Colorado Avalanche, and sees how they stack up with some of the worst teams of the salary cap era (The Hockey News)/