Bantering the Blueshirts Ep. 147: Panarin and Free Agency

Here we go!

Holy crap, the New York Rangers signed Artemi Panarin.

On this week’s episode of Bantering the Blueshirts Joe and Mike discuss the Panarin signing and what it means for the club in both the immediate and distance future. No matter which way you cut it, the Rangers are now tied to Panarin’s contract, which comes with the second-largest AAV in the league. The good news is, he’s quite good at this whole hockey thing.

We also touch on a lot of other topics including the Jimmy Vesey trade, what Vancouver buying out Ryan Spooner means for the Rangers, and other signings from the first day of NHL free agency. As you might imagine, there was a lot to go over in this show, so make sure to settle in, get comfortable, and enjoy the latest edition of Bantering the Blueshirts.

You can also listen to this week’s show by clicking here! Make sure to keep an eye and an ear out for this week’s addition of Off the Post, which features a lot of roster discussion and a discussion about the lack of diversity in the NHL.

Remember, if you want to hear us discuss topics or answer questions on the show, use #BanteringPoints on Twitter! If you have the time, please go ahead and give us a rating and/or leave a review for us on iTunes. It helps us out a lot. Also, please check out our Patreon. We have stickers and mugs and things!

Thanks for listening and thanks for supporting the show. Have a great week, friends.

Bantering the Blueshirts Ep. 145: TROUBA!, and the Church of Kakko