Bantering the Blueshirts Ep. 160: The Vlad trade and Zibanejad’s explosive start

Adam tags in for Joe this week!

Unfortunately, Joe wasn’t able to pod this week due to a family emergency, so Blueshirt Banter’s own Adam Herman stepped behind the mic to talk Rangers hockey with Mike!

As per tradition, major news happened just before we started recording the show last night. Mike and Adam offer some immediate reactions to the Vladislav Namestnikov trade that includes a discussion about Jeff Gorton’s decision to sign Namestnikov and Ryan Spooner to identical two-year, $8 million contracts and the Kevin Shattenkirk buyout. After wading our way through those waters, we discuss Mika Zibanejad’s impressive start, Filip Chytil in the AHL, and much more!

You can also listen to this week’s shows by clicking here! Keep an eye and an ear out for our Off the Post show, which will drop tomorrow.

Remember, if you want to hear us discuss topics or answer questions on the show, use #BanteringPoints on Twitter or send us a message if you’re a Patron. If you have the time, please go ahead and give us a rating and/or leave a review for us on iTunes — it helps people find the show. Also, please check out our Patreon. We have stickers and mugs! Should we make other merch? What do you wanna see? Let us know!