Blueshirt Banter 2.0 Week 1 Update

Our first week one site update!

Hey all,

I think it makes sense for the start of the website for myself to keep you all in the loop on the updated, upgrades, and any bugs in the site on a semi regular cadence. In the beginning it might be weekly, but I don't envision us continuing to have site maintenance on a regular basis.

If this is your first time finding your way to the site, welcome! This story will explain everything you need to know before you read the below.

1) First of all, as always, thank you all so much for joining the site whether free or otherwise. We are thrilled to have you here, and can't wait to get this place churning in our own image now that we're on our own. We, quite literally, could not do this without you.

2) As many of you may have noticed, the comments on the website have been updated (huge thank you to Alexa who is literally the engine making this place run right now), and now they look like they used to on Legacy Blueshirt Banter. We needed to partner with a third party to plug them directly into Ghost, and I opted to get the highest tier package so you didn't need double sign ons to make it work. It will also allow better moderation and no more need to refresh to get live comments on the site – which I thought was critical.

That said, it does add one more layer to potential bugs – like we saw yesterday when replies weren't working and the commenting colors were white. As always, bring these things to our attention when you see them, but it might take a little longer to fix things outside of Ghost. (However, yesterday's fixes happened pretty quickly as far as I could tell.)

3) As a reminder, we have three tiers for the site:

Free: Bantering Points, Game Threads, News and Game Recaps will all continue to be free moving forward. You can come and read these posts every day without a paid subscription to the website. However, you will not be able to do anything beyond reading them.

$30 a year (or $5 a month): This tier will permit commenting on stories that you have access to (so the free stories above only).

$65 a year (or $7 a month): This tier will give full access to the site including all stories and any additional content (like a monthly podcast perhaps!) and will also allow commenting.

Please join us on this journey!

4) We transferred over the IP and URL on 3/31. The URL process can take some time, but eventually BlueshirtBanter.com will bring you to this website right here. As soon as I have an update on a firm timeline I will provide it.

5) On that note: we received the JSON file from Vox with the Blueshirt Banter archives. That has been sent to Ghost, and we expect to see every article ever published on Blueshirt Banter (without photos) over the next two weeks integrated into this website as though this was always Blueshirt Banter.

6) Vox is also starting the process of moving the social media platforms into our ownership. As soon as that happens I will let you guys know (and you'll start seeing posts on Facebook/come/BlueshirtBanter again).

That's about it for the major stuff. Thank you guys for being here, and Let's Go Rangers!