Rangers Vs. Bruins: Line Combinations

Here are te Rangers line combinations for tonight's game.

The New York Rangers are ready to kick off their season tonight against the Boston Bruins. It's a huge first game for a team with tremendous expectations this year.

According to Andrew Gross here are the lines John Tortorella will use for the game tonight.

61 LW Rick Nash - 19 C Brad Richards - 62 RW Carl Hagelin
10 LW Marian Gaborik - 21 C Derek Stepan - 24 RW Ryan Callahan
14 LW Taylor Pyatt - 22 C Brian Boyle - 20 RW Chris Kreider
17 Mike Rupp - 15 C Jeff Halpern - 42 RW Brandon Segal

27 Ryan McDonagh - 5 Dan Girardi
18 Marc Staal - 6 Anton Stralman
4 Michael Del Zotto - 41 Stu Bickel/44 Steve Eminger/97 Matt Gilroy

30 Henrik Lundqvist
43 Martin Biron

There aren't too many surprises there. It was assumed that Nash and Gaborik would be broken up on two seperate lines to kick off the season, giving the Rangers two lethal scoring lines.

Hagelin on the first line is a little bit of a surprise, but I can't argue against Tortorella here. Hagelin adds speed to the line, should create some room for Nash, and will allow Richards a couple of different options to work with. And as for the defensive side of things, well, there's really no surprise there either.

I am very interested to see what Taylor Pyatt an Brandon Segal look like tonight as well. Pyatt is one of the anchors of the third line, so hopefully he gets off to a quick start. In Segal's case it's just about doing the little things to make sure he's not a liability.

And in goal, well, if you didn't think Lundqvist was starting both games then I don't know what to tell you.

Anyway, guys, thoughts on the lines?