Discussion of the Day: 10/20/23

Happy Friday everyone. The New York Rangers laid an egg on Thursday, and they start a road trip on Saturday in Seattle vs. the Kraken. The Blueshirts sit with a record of 2-2 in a season that is just 4 games old, and haven’t gotten into a rhythm yet with games being played on a consistent basis. Today’s prompt is a simple one, and essentially a venting session.

What are your thoughts on last night’s game?

One thing I noticed on the postgame was how dejected and disappointed Steve Valiquette was. He didn’t like the team’s effort and preparedness, and he made reference to, whether intentional or not, the team’s Halloween party earlier in the week. He talked about it being time for the team to start bringing more intensity, and starting to kick it into another gear. Steve also mentioned the upcoming road trip being an opportunity for them.

I certainly think it wasn’t great for the Rangers to have such a poor performance against Peter Laviolette’s former team, and although there was a stop in Washington before coming to New York, as a group I think you’d wanna play with pride and effort for your boss. In the immediate, I get why fans would be disappointed with the result and effort. In the big picture, it’s a game in October we may ultimately forget about entirely… unless things really go wrong. But if that’s the case, then there likely will be more important and pressing matters related to the team.

There are no wrong answers here, and as always, thanks for reading and I hope you have a great rest of the day and weekend!