New York Rangers Find A Way To Win; Beat Winnipeg Jets 2-1

The New York Rangers concluded their seven game road trip, with a 2-1 win over the Winnipeg Jets. The Rangers come away with eight out of a possible fourteen points to start the season, sounds pretty good to me. The Rangers will now head home, and prep for their home opener this Thursday.

The first period was more gritty than anything. Brandon Prust and Tanner Glass dropped the gloves early, and set the tone for the game. One thing I will say, the Rangers definitely cut down on the penalties this game, only taking one penalty throughout the game.

The Rangers had their third chance to convert on the powerplay, and did just that. The Rangers had some great puck movement, and Dan Girardi made a great pass to Ruslan Fedotenko, who re-directed it past Mason for the 1-0 lead.

Follow after the jump for some more.

The lead didn't last very long, and

Nik Antropov

was able to tie the game back up for the Jets. The Rangers were unable to get the puck out of the zone, and it landed right on Antropov's stick.The third period was hectic as anything. The Rangers were often caught in their zone for minutes at a time, but found a way to kill off the pressure. About halfway through the third, the Rangers had the opportunity once again to score on the powerplay.

Ryan Callahan found a lane and skated it into the zone, attempted a centering pass and wound up banking it off Zach Bogosian's skate. Although it wasn't pretty, they found a way to score and take the two points away from Winnipeg.

Ryan Callahan also had a HUGE block in the final 10 seconds of play, to break up the final play of the game. We can't take away from the solid play that Marty Biron displayed between the pipes. He was solid for the entire game, and helped the Rangers bring home two points.

The Rangers will now come home after an extended road trip, to take on the Toronto Maple Leafs in their home opener.