New York Rangers Game Thread: 11/15, Rangers at Penguins

Crosby and the Penguins are looking for revenge...

Game Seventeen, the New York Rangers at the Pittsburgh Penguins
Record: 7-6-3

Penguins vs Rangers coverage | NYR roster | PensBurgh

Why can't we win in the shootout?!? The Rangers look to repeat this Tuesday's thrashing of the Penguins in Pittsburgh but something tells me it won't be quite so easy this time around. The Rangers are coming off of a disappointing shootout loss against the struggling Colorado Avalanche and have to do what they can tonight to stay above the .500 mark. The Penguins are going to play with pride and energy and should be handful tonight, I expect a rather dramatic game. How about you guys?

The New York Rangers' November Schedule

Jets at Rangers, 7:00 PM 11/1 (SO loss.)
Blues at Rangers, 7:00 PM 11/3 (SO loss.)
Red Wings at Rangers, 8:00 PM 11/5 (Win.)
Rangers at Maple Leafs, 7:00 PM 11/8 (loss.)
Oilers at Rangers, 6:00 PM 11/9 (loss... dear god, how?)
Penguins at Rangers, 7:00 PM 11/11 (Win!!!)
Avalanche at Rangers, 7:00 PM 11/13 (SO loss.)
Rangers at Penguins, 7:00 PM 11/15
Lightning at Rangers, 7:00 PM 11/17
Flyers at Rangers, 8:00 PM 11/19
Rangers at Sabres, 7:00 PM 11/21
Canadiens at Rangers, 7:00 PM 11/23
Rangers at Lightning, 7:30 PM 11/26
Rangers at Flyers, 1:00 PM 11/28
Flyers at Rangers, 1:00 PM 11/29

Mike's Player to Watch: Dan Boyle

I thought Dan Boyle looked sensational in the offensive zone against the Colorado Avalanche on Thursday night. The passes and decisions he makes on the blue line with and without the puck are absolutely top-notch and something that has been missing from the New York Rangers' blue line for perhaps over a decade now. With Ryan McDonagh out of the lineup for a long stretch, the Rangers are going to have to start leaning on blueliners other than Dan Girardi to eat up big ice time and Dan Boyle could and should be one of those guys. Here's hoping Boyle has a great night tonight against the Pens. Look for him to start making an impact on the Rangers' power play.

Let's go Rangers! Enjoy the game and the thread.

So, what's for dinner tonight?