New York Rangers Game Thread: 11/26, Rangers at Lightning

Marty comes home and the Rangers look for revenge.

Game Twenty-One, the New York Rangers at the Tampa Bay Lightning
Record: 9-7-4

Rangers vs Lightning coverage | NYR roster | Raw Charge (our buddies!)

Nick Mercadante's Analytics Game Preview Linked Here

Tonight will be the first time in over a decade that Martin St. Louis has played a game against the Tampa Bay Lightning in Tampa Bay, and it will be the first time he has done it since requesting a trade and becoming a New York Ranger last season. It shouldn't be too difficult for Rangers fans to understand just how beloved Marty St. Louis was while he played in Tampa or to imagine how they must have felt when the rumors started that he wanted to move on and that he was requesting a trade. What kind of reception will Marty get at the Tampa Bay Times Forum tonight? I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

The Rangers are coming off of a dominating win over the paper tiger Montreal Canadiens, their second win in a row, but are going up against a team that recently smashed them. Steven Stamkos, Ryan Callahan, and the Tampa Bay Lightning conquered the Rangers 5-1 on November 17th. In that game the Bolts were getting breakaways, odd-man rushes, and chances all over the ice against a seemingly helpless Rangers' blue line corps. Tonight the Rangers are looking to find their third win in a row and get some revenge for being humiliated at the Garden by Ryan Callahan, Brian Boyle, and Anton Stralman.

The New York Rangers' November Schedule

Jets at Rangers, 7:00 PM 11/1 (SO loss.)
Blues at Rangers, 7:00 PM 11/3 (SO loss.)
Red Wings at Rangers, 8:00 PM 11/5 (Win.)
Rangers at Maple Leafs, 7:00 PM 11/8 (loss.)
Oilers at Rangers, 6:00 PM 11/9 (loss... dear god, how?)
Penguins at Rangers, 7:00 PM 11/11 (Win!!!)
Avalanche at Rangers, 7:00 PM 11/13 (SO loss.)
Rangers at Penguins, 7:00 PM 11/15 (SO loss.)
Lightning at Rangers, 7:00 PM 11/17 (loss.)
Flyers at Rangers, 8:00 PM 11/19 (Win.)
Rangers at Sabres, 7:00 PM 11/21 (rescheduled.)
Canadiens at Rangers, 7:00 PM 11/23 (Win.)
Rangers at Lightning, 7:30 PM 11/26
Rangers at Flyers, 1:00 PM 11/28
Flyers at Rangers, 1:00 PM 11/29

Mike's Player to Watch: Marty St. Louis

Tonight is a special night for Marty St. Louis. Not only is he returning to play in Tampa wearing a different team's jersey, he is also two points away from 1,000 career points. It goes without saying that Marty is red hot right now, he is coming off of a two point game against the Habs on the 23rd and he has seven goals in his last ten games. Even if Marty doesn't get on the board tonight, we should be keeping a close eye on him as he plays against his former teammates in the city he called home for over ten years.

Let's go Rangers! Enjoy the game and the thread.

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!