New York Rangers Game Thread: 11/29, Flyers at Rangers

Game Twenty-Three, the Philadelphia Flyers at the New York Rangers

Record: 10-8-4

Rangers vs Flyers coverage | NYR roster | Broad Street Hockey

Yesterday Derek Stepan was my player to watch and he picked up three primary assists against the Flyers including a historic helper that helped Martin St. Louis register his 1,000th career point. The Rangers looked absolutely amazing against a Flyers team that honestly just didn’t show up for yesterday’s game.

The Rangers picked up their 10th win of the season thanks largely in part to yet another Cam Talbot shutout against Claude Giroux and the Flyers. Today, the Rangers are going to hope to go right back to the same winning recipe and take a win in their last game of the month to finish November with a record of 11-8-4 and put the Flyers in the rear view mirror in the Metropolitan Division standings. With captain Ryan McDonagh back in the fold and Marty, Stepan, and Rick Nash looking red hot, the Rangers are a force to be reckoned with right now, especially if you are the Philadelphia Flyers who just can’t seem to figure out how to beat the Blueshirts. Here’s hoping we see some more of what we saw yesterday afternoon again today!

The New York Rangers’ November Schedule

Jets at Rangers, 7:00 PM 11/1 (SO loss.)
Blues at Rangers, 7:00 PM 11/3 (SO loss.)
Red Wings at Rangers, 8:00 PM 11/5 (Win.)
Rangers at Maple Leafs, 7:00 PM 11/8 (loss.)
Oilers at Rangers, 6:00 PM 11/9 (loss… dear god, how?)
Penguins at Rangers, 7:00 PM 11/11 (Win!!!)
Avalanche at Rangers, 7:00 PM 11/13 (SO loss.)
Rangers at Penguins, 7:00 PM 11/15 (SO loss.)
Lightning at Rangers, 7:00 PM 11/17 (loss.)
Flyers at Rangers, 8:00 PM 11/19 (Win.)
Rangers at Sabres, 7:00 PM 11/21 (rescheduled.)
Canadiens at Rangers, 7:00 PM 11/23 (Win.)
Rangers at Lightning, 7:30 PM 11/26 (loss.)
Rangers at Flyers, 1:00 PM 11/28 (Win.)
Flyers at Rangers, 1:00 PM 11/29

Mike’s Player to Watch: Ryan McDonagh

Despite picking up a shorthanded assist in his first game back since a shoulder injury, Rangers’ captain Ryan McDonagh didn’t quite look like him old self against Philly yesterday. He had one particular glaring mistake in his own zone where he over handled the puck and then over skated it which very nearly spoiled Talbot’s 26 save shutout but some rust should be expected. Look for McDonagh to get back into the swing of things today with Henrik Lundqvist likely back in the cage for the Blueshirts.

Let’s go Rangers! Enjoy the game and the thread. Be courteous or I’ll feed you to pigs.

How many leftovers do you have left? Enjoy your weekend gang.

Talking Points