New York Rangers Game Thread: 3/10, Rangers at Islanders

Let's do this.

Game Sixty-Five, the New York Rangers at the New York Islanders
Record: 40-17-7
Opponent: 43-21-4
Season Series: Rangers trail 1-3-0.
Buy Rangers Tickets! | Rangers vs Islanders coverage | Lighthouse Hockey

So... do I really have to write anything here to get you guys pumped for tonight's game? I didn't think so.

Anyways, just a few quick notes and thoughts. The Islanders won a game in overtime last night over the Toronto Maple Leafs on the road and they may or may not have Kyle Okposo back in the lineup tonight. The Isles started Neuvirth in Toronto which means the Blueshirts will have to get pucks past Jaroslav Halak tonight. The Rangers are feeling good after shutting out the Chicago Blackhawks on the road and getting some ridiculous goaltending out of Cam Talbot recently. The Blueshirts are 7-1-2 in their last ten games.

For a reason that no one can understand or explain to me, Tanner Glass is back in the lineup tonight for the Blueshirts. I am sure that it will be something that makes us all very, very sad, especially after getting to see what James Sheppard can do (hint! He can play hockey).

Could this be the last game the New York Rangers play in Nassau Coliseum? Oh boy. I wonder how many times we'll hear that point brought up tonight. No matter what happens in the playoffs, this is the last time these two teams will meet in a regulation game at Nassau Coliseum. ...Feels weird, huh?

The New York Rangers' March Schedule

3/2, Predators at Rangers, 7:00 (win.)
3/4, Rangers at Red Wings, 8:00 (overtime loss.)
3/8, Rangers at Blackhawks, 7:30 (win.)
3/10, Rangers at Islanders, 7:00
3/11 Rangers at Capitals, 8:00
3/14, Rangers at Sabres, 7:00
3/15, Panthers at Rangers, 5:00
3/18, Blackhawks at Rangers, 8:00
3/21, Rangers at Hurricanes, 7:00
3/22, Ducks at Rangers, 7:30
3/24, Kings at Rangers, 7:00
3/26, Rangers at Senators, 7:00
3/28, Rangers at Bruins, 1:00
3/29, Capitals at Rangers, 3:00
3/31, Rangers at Jets, 8:00

Mike's Player to Watch: Cam Talbot

Talbot's shutout against the Blackhawks was his fifth on the season which ties him with Henrik Lundqvist for sixth in the league shutouts. Not bad for a guy who has played 13 games less than Lundqvist this season. The Rangers and Islanders have had some wacky high-scoring games between them this season. Thankfully, the Rangers won the last installation of no-defense hockey 6-5 on February 16th. My gut tells me that if Talbot turns in another strong night the Rangers will be coming away with two huge points tonight, but make no mistake... tonight is going to be a battle that both teams desperately want to win and the battle may very well be won with which goaltender does more to get his team the win.

Let's go Rangers. Drop the puck.