New York Rangers Game Thread: 4/7, Rangers at Devils

The New York Rangers will look to lock up the Eastern Conference and Presidents Trophy tonight as they take on the New Jersey Devils.

Game Eighty, the New York Rangers at the New Jersey Devils
Record: 51-21-7
Opponent: 32-34-13
Season Series: 3-0-0, Rangers
Buy Rangers Tickets! | Rangers vs Devils coverage | In Lou We Trust

After a thrilling overtime victory last night against the Columbus Blue Jackets, the New York Rangers will be right back in action tonight against the New Jersey Devils. Last time these two teams met, the Rangers took it to the Devils at Madison Square Garden, and smoked them by a final score of 6-1. The Rangers currently hold a 3-0 stranglehold on the season series, and have a chance to make it a clean sweep tonight in Newark.

In addition, the Rangers also have an opportunity to lock up the final two achievements that are there for the taking. A single point in tonight's game locks up the Eastern Conference, and two points makes them rightful owners of the Presidents Trophy. So essentially, get the win, and the Rangers can ride out the final two games of the season without having to worry about their playoff positioning.

However, tonight won't be any easy task by any means, because the Devils will likely be seeking some sort of revenge tonight on home ice. Getting embarrassed like they were last game will leave them wanting more, and the Rangers need to be ready to go tonight. Cam Talbot will likely be making his final regular season appearance tonight for the Rangers, while Corey Schneider will get the nod for the Devils.

The only lineup change for the Rangers tonight will be James Sheppard slotting in for Mats Zuccarello, who is sitting out tonight due to "body soreness", as Alain Vigneault described. Other than that, everything else is expected to remain the same, and we should have another exciting game on our hands tonight.

New York Rangers April Schedule

4/2, Rangers at Wild, 8:00 PM
(win)
4/4, Devils at Rangers, 7:00 PM (WIN!)
4/6, Blue Jackets at Rangers, 7:00 PM (WIN!)
4/7, Rangers at Devils, 7:00 PM
4/9, Senators at Rangers, 7:00 PM
4/11, Rangers at Capitals, 12:30 PM

Bryan's Player to Watch: Derek Stepan

Derek Stepan came out huge last night against the Blue Jackets, tallying both the game-tying goal, and eventually the overtime game-winning goal. He has been coming around as of late for the Rangers, and he is within two points of tying last year's total of 57 points. After his outstanding performance last night, I'd expect he is ready to go tonight, and hopefully continues his hot streak.

Enjoy the game everyone!