New York Rangers Game Thread: Game 3, Blue Jackets at Rangers

The Rangers' home opener is here three games into the 2015-16 season.

The Cannon

So, who was expecting the Rangers to win 4-2 (without scoring an empty netter) last night after Brandon Saad's power play goal? Yeah? ... Don't you lie to me with that mouth of yours. Shut that mouth when you talk to me.

Henrik Lundqvist is back in for the Blueshirts tonight for the Rangers' home opener. Hank turned aside 31 shots in the Rangers' comeback win. It's a narrative we've seen before, but Lundqvist did everything he could to keep his team in the game and it paid off huge for the Rangers. Although both Oscar Lindberg and Kevin Hayes deserve gold stars for their improbable late goals, we shouldn't overlook Henrik's stellar performance. He very much deserved the first star recognition last night for the Rangers.

Because it's the home opener, there will be plenty of fireworks and fanfare, including the blue carpet event from 3:00-7:00PM, so expect the puck to drop sometime near 7:20 or 7:30 and get ready for some goosebumps, because MSG normally does an amazing job with its video introductions.

As it turns out, Wennberg suffered a concussion after Chris Kreider's hit on him last night. Given all of the nasty we saw last night in Ohio, I would expect more of the same tonight.

Enjoy tonight's game, gang. Let's go Rangers.

Today is World Mental Health Day. If you're going through something or know someone who is in a dark place and needs help, don't let the stigma surrounding mental health in our country stop you from finding help. Fight the good fight, be good to each other. National Suicide Hotline: 1 (800) 273-8255. Calls are free, anonymous, confidential, and the hotline is open 24/7. Things can start getting better today. Be good to yourself.