New York Rangers Game Thread: Rangers vs. Habs, Game 4

Stepan out, Brassard in, and the Habs are hoping to tie the series up at 2-2.

Eyes On The Prize (Don't go there to troll)

What more is there to say? This is a huge, pivotal game in the series and the Rangers have to answer back strong after the heartbreaking overtime loss in Game 3. We're all frustrated by what the Habs have gotten away with, what they've done on the ice, what they've said off the ice, and the way their pucks are going into the Rangers net... but let's not lose our perspective here. The Rangers are in the Eastern Conference Finals and have given us fans nothing but memorable moments in the 2014 Playoffs. Support the boys. Support the team we've fallen in love with. Don't waste your energy moaning and complaining about the Habs, their coach, or the officials (if you can help it).

I love this team. No matter what happens from here on in. I am immeasurably proud of what they've accomplished. Let's play Game 4 and head to Montreal with a 3-1 series lead.

Mike's Player to Watch: Henrik Lundqvist and Batman.

Hank is probably still mad about Andrei Markov's goal. He's been a monster throughout the playoffs and this is the kind of game that he needs to be on his game for. If the Rangers win they take a commanding 3-1 lead in the series and put the Habs on the brink of elimination. If the Habs win this series is tied up at 2-2 and is going back to Montreal. The loss of Derek Stepan is going to be a big hit to the Rangers offense so the defense and goaltending is going to have to step up even more than they already have to help get the Rangers past the Habs. The Rangers might need King Henrik to steal another game for them tonight, I believe that he can do it. I don't know where Batman was in Game 3 but if he knows what's good for him he'll make sure we go to bed tonight with a 3-1 series lead.

Let's go Rangers.