New York Rangers Preseason Game Thread: 10/3, Blackhawks at Rangers

The Rangers will play host to Brad Richards’ Chicago Blackhawks tonight and the Garden and look to sweep the two game preseason series against the Western Conference powerhouse. The Rangers are coming off of a disappointing loss that was made tolerable because of a gorgeous shorty by Carl Hagelin and by Anthony Duclair scoring his third goal in as many preseason games.

I also want to take a moment to say just how impressed I am with guys like Dominic Moore and Martin St. Louis. These guys don’t play these games like they’re irrelevant. I am still drooling over Dominic Moore’s pass to Anthony Duclair in the Rangers’ loss to the Flyers on Tuesday. I love this team.

Full 2014 Preseason Schedule (2-2-0)

Monday, September 22—vs. New Jersey 7:00 p.m. (Losers)
Friday, September 26—at Chicago 8:30 p.m. (Winners!)
Monday. September 29—vs. Philadelphia 7:00 p.m. (Winners!)
Tuesday, September 30—at Philadelphia 7:00 p.m. (Losers…)
Friday, October 3—vs. Chicago 7:00 p.m.
Saturday, October 4—at New Jersey 7:00 p.m.

Mike’s Player to Watch: The Duke, obviously.

I’m not looking for Duclair to score four goals in four games, that would just be greedy, but I do want to see if he can hang with NHLers in regards to the physical side of the game and develop some chemistry with some of the Rangers key players in top six forward group. It’s very easy to get excited and amped about The Duke and what he has accomplished, but let’s not lose sight of the fact that he’s 19 and still has a lot of filling out to do. Still, it is just flat-out amazing to watch him demonstrate his gift to score goals. What an absolutely natural sniper. Third round pick, huh? Unbelievable.

TONIGHT’S LINEUP!

Okay, it’s game time. This is the Rangers’ second to last preseason game, they wrap things up tomorrow against the New Jersey Devils on the road at 7 P.M.

Let’s go Rangers!!!

Talking Points