New York Rangers Preseason Game Thread: 9/22, Devils at Rangers

It's finally here... hockey!!!

So, it's finally here, the first day of the 2014 preseason. The Rangers will play host to their hated division rivals and then not play again until Friday when they're on the road against Brad Richards and the Chicago Blackhawks. The Devils, much like the Rangers, have several new faces in the mix and have a lot of open competition for roster spots in their bottom six. I wouldn't be surprised if this game has some intensity after everyone settles into things.

Full 2014 Preseason Schedule

Monday, September 22—vs. New Jersey 7:00 p.m.
Friday, September 26—at Chicago 7:30 p.m.
Monday. September 29—vs. Philadelphia 7:00 p.m.
Tuesday, September 30—at Philadelphia 7:00 p.m.
Friday, October 3—vs. Chicago 7:00 p.m.
Saturday, October 4—at New Jersey 7:00 p.m.

Mike's Player to Watch: Uh... Everybody? (Group A)
Full Roster for the Rangers' GROUP A can be found here.

The preseason is all about keeping a close eye on everybody, especially the guys that are competing for roster spots. Really, you should be keeping an eye on any kid who is hungry to make a name for himself and all of the veterans who are competing for spots in the bottom six... with that being said I am going to be keeping a close eye on J.T. Miller, Tanner Glass, Dan Boyle, Ryan Malone, Matthew Lombardi, and "Monte" Danny Kristo. Kristo has looked great in camp, according to AV, so it will be interesting to see if he impresses in this preseason contest against the Devils.

In the grand scheme of things these games don't really matter very much, but they very much matter to the guys that are hungry for roster spots on the NHL club and for kids who want to prove they're NHL-ready. Enjoy tonight's game and cross your fingers for no major injuries. I'm so excited that we finally get to see some televised Rangers hockey again.

What do you guys think of the Devils roster for the 2014-15 season? Can you believe it's FINALLY hockey time?

Let's do this! Let's go Rangers!!!